Alternatives Insurance of Chesterfield Offers Dump Truck Insurance
If you use a dump truck in Chesterfield Missouri, to haul asphalt, sand, salt or remove construction debris, you need Dump Truck Insurance in Chesterfield Missouri. Depending on what you haul, you may need specialized commercial vehicle insurance as well.
Missouri dump truck insurance coverages may vary among Insurance Carriers, so it is important that you work with an Agent that represents multiple, top-rated Transportation Insurance Companies.
Alternatives Insurance of Chesterfield is a full service insurance agency that has years of experience with Missouri Dump Truck Insurance. Our connections with some of the leading Missouri dump truck insurance carriers allows us to provide the coverages your business needs.
Our insurance agents will shop your Missouri dump truck insurance for our clients, so Dump Truck owners and operators save time from searching, and get on the road! Alternatives Insurance of Chesterfield works with dump truck private contractors, those who owns a single dump truck, and business owners who own a full fleet of heavy-duty commercial hauling vehicles. We work with our carriers to insure Super Dump Trucks, Heavy Duty Haulers, Salt, Sand and Gravel Trucks, Six and Ten Wheelers, and more.
Dump Truck Insurance Cost can vary based on a number of factors that the Department of Insurance considers. These include:
- The dump truck itself,
- what you’re hauling,
- where you’re hauling it,
- the driving records of whomever is driving the dump truck,
- personal items anyone may be carrying in the cab, and
- the length of time a driver has been operating the type of dump truck they want to insure.
If you’re hauling hazardous materials, chemicals or explosives, it will increase your dump truck insurance premium. And if you haul aggregate, we recommend sand and gravel haulers insurance, too.
Dump truck drivers should have at least the mandatory coverage required to operate commercial vehicles. The basic policy should include bodily injury and property damage liability coverage amounts required by Missouri law.
Individually owned trucks or corporate vehicles that are used on the roads and highways of the United States are required to carry commercial truck insurance if they are used for hauling cargo for reasons of commerce. This type of policy is perfect for dump trucks, car haulers, logging trucks, fleets of small vans, refrigerated trucks, and flat bed semi-trucks.
Current Federal liability limit minimums for commercial vehicles are as follows:
Freights – $750,000 to $5,000,000; depending on what is being transported
Vehicles weighing less than 10,001 lbs. – $300,000; transporting non-hazardous freight
Passenger vehicles – $5,000,000
Passenger vehicles with a seating capacity of 15 passengers or fewer – $1,500,000
Our agents will examine your business needs and customize a Missouri Dump Truck Insurance commercial vehicle policy that best protects your business from risk. There are several types of dump truck insurance coverages to consider. Some of which our agents will discuss with you are listed below:
- Non-trucking insurance: This coverage is designed for independent owner/operators with contract jobs. It provides liability insurance if you should be involved in an accident in your truck during off-work hours.
- Motor truck general liability insurance: This coverage will protect you from liability for damage you cause to your customer’s property while operating your vehicle on their grounds.
- Physical damage insurance: This additional coverage provides compensation for any damage to your dump truck, and is usually required by dealerships if you are leasing your vehicle.
- Motor truck cargo insurance: If the cargo you will be hauling on your truck is valuable, you may be required to carry motor truck cargo insurance.
- Collision insurance: This will cover the repair of damage to your dump truck if you collide with another vehicle or object.
- Fire and theft insurance: This comprehensive insurance will provide compensation for damages to your vehicle from fire or theft.
- Environmental insurance: This insurance will cover certain pollution-related losses and fines and the costs for restoration and clean-up, if necessary.
- Rental reimbursement / downtime insurance: If your truck is damaged in an accident, this coverage will allow you to continue your business operations while your truck is being repaired or will cover business losses if continuation is not possible.
- Off-season comprehensive only insurance: If your business is seasonal, this will save you money while protecting your vehicle while it is not in use.
Alternatives Insurance of Chesterfield goes above and beyond most insurance agencies. We know Dump truck owners are required to have a financial responsibility filing that shows proof they are properly insured to protect them and other drivers from high-risk situations. Our agents have the knowledge to assist drivers with the state and federal commercial auto insurance filings and will be happy to process the required state filings on your behalf.
Contact one of our licensed insurance agents to schedule a free insurance evaluation or call now (636) 449-1213.